Recording and Utilizing Dental Videos
Effortless recording and use of dental videos in your work elevates your customer service to a whole new level of professionalism. Just follow the guidelines and start filming!
Guidelines and Some Tips
- Create a personal account at User.futudent.com.
- The installation and setup of the system requires no special skills. Simply download the latest software, run the installer and connect the camera to the USB port of your PC.
- Prepare for recording by plugging the wireless receivers for your camera and pedal to your computer’s USB ports. Then you simply run the Futudent software.
- You can control the whole recording process with the foot pedal; start, stop and pause.
- You can take high quality still images with a press of the pedal, even while you are filming.
- You can also extract still images from video footage afterwards.
- Still images taken during video recording also function as bookmarks so you can easily find any specific part you want to show in the video. You can also write information in the bookmarks.
Editing Your Videos
- You can export videos to any folder for later editing. To cut and edit the videos we recommend using a professional editing program such as Movie Maker or Adobe Premiere Elements.
Sharing, Storing and Utilizing Your Videos
- The cloud service User.futudent.com keeps your videos and images safely stored and accessible anywhere, anytime.
- You can share the videos with any colleague with an Internet connection. Your colleague just needs to open a free Futudent account (the invitation can be sent via e-mail).
Similarly, if you need to receive a video from your colleague, simply use your personal Futudent.com account and ask him/her to share that video with you. It’s just that simple to start communicating better.
- You can send an invitation to your colleague from your personal Futudent account. To this invitation, you can attach any material you have already uploaded to your Futudent account.
For projecting your videos, connect the video capturing computer to an external display and run the capture software in full screen mode.
- Several users can use the same camera. For patient security reasons, we recommend that every user register a personal Pro account with Futudent.
- Several users can share one common storage quota, or use independent quotas (depending on the subscription). Each user should log in to the capture software with their personal user account in order to ensure that the videos are shared and stored on their personal accounts. In some countries, we also recommend that each user sets up a personal Windows account to ensure privacy. Please check with you local authorities to ensure you are fulfilling your patient security obligations.
- You have full control of your videos, including their deletion. There is no obligation to share any video.
- To ensure patient privacy, familiarize yourself with your country’s regulations. Some countries require written permission from the patient (sometimes an agreement captured on the video is enough). If the patient is not recognizable in any way in the video, less strict regulations may apply. We do recommend that the patients use a mask or dark glasses to be as unrecognizable as possible. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure each video complies with local regulations. Futudent does not take any responsibility for how videos meet local regulations.
- Color mismatches may be caused by many things, but one of the most common reasons is wrong white balance. It is important (but very easy!) to calibrate the camera to match the existing color temperature. Place the included Futudent gray card into the area where you intend to use the camera, set up the actual lighting conditions and click the calibrate button in the software.
- You can also easily adjust brightness, gamma (mid tones) and black point (shadows), as well as set manual white balance values.
Buying a loupe-mounted camera is easy!